Friday, September 14, 2012

14


The day I thought I could bake. 


Spent my thursday afternoon walking around my estate finding the cheapest ingredients & supplies I needed to make my craving-of-the-month - Red Velvet Cupcakes. Mhmm, previously rach & karen had a baking sesh & their cupcakes looked really amazing! So I decided to give it a shot too! 

 

Managed to get such cute & lovely cupcake sleeves! 40 sleeves for $4 sigh. 
Currently, my total expenditure is $35. 

 


I know it looks like red paint, but I swear this is the mix. Oh and remember this colour. 


Aren't the sleeves just really cuteeee :) 



Instructions said to fill: 3/4 cup, but I didn't want it to overflow... 
But now I know, the recipe is always right :( 


I started to panic when I saw my cupcakes erupting like a volcano......... But who knew, that if the mix rises, it actually helps you when you are putting the frosting on it! 



I finally started making the best part (or at least I think it is!) of the cupcake - 
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING mhhmmmm~ 
And you see the Philadeplphia cream cheese block, yup that's $5. 
I had to buy 2...... So yeah, that's just $10 spent on cheese!!!






*drumroll please* 

That's my end product! 

Which firstly, doesn't look RED at all & secondly, 
I had no idea how to slap on the cheese frosting - so I really tried my best I promiseeeee!! 

Now I have like 8 tupperware's FILLED with 'Red' Velvet cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, 

err ANYONE? 

No comments:

Post a Comment